Rinsing is the most important part of sink care. Your stainless steel sink will retain its original bright appearance if the sink is rinsed thoroughly after each use. This can be done by running water from the spray hose for a few minutes. A rinse and towel dry after each use takes care of most everyday cleanups.
Once a week, the sink should be scoured with a mildly abrasive cleanser, rubbing back and forth in the direction of the polish or in a circular motion to remove stubborn stains and greasy film buildups. This will blend any scratches into the satin finish of the sink. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry and your sink will shine.
- Clean everyday by thoroughly rinsing with a mild soap and warm water then wipe dry.
- Keep the sink free of any standing water as this can cause a buildup of mineral deposits, which can affect the appearance of your sink.
- Remove stubborn stains by scrubbing in the direction of the grain with a mild abrasive such as SoftScrub™.
- Rinse the sink after using any cleaning agent then wipe dry.
- Clean any mineral deposits built up over time with a mild solution of vinegar and water followed by a thorough flushing with water.
- Remove any scratches with a Scotch-Brite pad and cleaning agent. Rub in the direction of the grain. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MIRROR FINISH.
- Leave water spots, steel cookware, or utensils in the sink for lengthy periods; iron particles can cause rust spots to develop on the stainless steel surface.
- Use a steel wool or scouring pad as it will damage the sink surface and cause discoloration.
- Allow household cleaning agents or bleach to sit in your sink for long periods of time as this may ruin the finish of the sink.
- Leave rubber mats, sponges, or cleaning pads in the sink overnight as this will trap water and could stain or discolor the sink surface.
- Use any drain cleaning products containing sulfuric or hydrochloric acid as this will damage the sink.
- Use silver cleaners which may contain acids that will damage the sink surface.
- Use the inside of the sink as a cutting surface.